Our Graduate Programme
Find out what this programme is all about and how it can be your next step in your new career.
About the programme
In the course of a 24-month programme you will have the opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the asset management industry.
This engagement will include a comprehensive overview of the firm, built upon a job rotation plan between different departments, punctuated by dedicated learning modules; giving you privileged access to company insights and people.
Everyone is unique. So we will give you the experience and exposure that suit your abilities and personal aspirations. To consolidate the overarching knowledge you will gain within the company, you will also specialize in a business area – selecting one of three available tracks.
From your very first day in the programme you will be a valued member of the team and have the opportunity to work with teams all over the world.
Start your development journey with us, to make a difference to the next generation of investment and business professionals.
Find your track
Your first step is to choose between Investment Management, Business Development and Business Operations.
Joining a particular track will in no way limit your development. Should you wish to experience a rotation that’s offered in a different track, this can be arranged. By the end of the programme you will have developed hands-on expertise across different areas of the business.
Track 1: Investment Management
This is for Portfolio Managers of the future. This track will guide you through our Portfolio Management and Research functions, and give you the chance to become an excellent investment professional at AllianzGI. You will get an increasing exposure to the markets, and to clients, and make a growing impact on investment decisions and new business presentations.
Track 2: Business Development
This track is the best choice if you want to learn how our client-centric business development strategy makes AllianzGI unique. The focus being on Sales, you will also have job rotations in Investment Function, Products and Business Functions (e.g. Risk Management). After successfully completing the programme you will work in a business development or client-facing role.
Track 3: Business Operations
The pulse of the organization, where graduates are given the opportunity to gain deep insights into the largest support function of our company. This track is built on job rotations between Risk Management, Legal & Compliance, Real Estate Management or IT, complemented by Investment Management and Sales. After successfully completing the programme you will be given the opportunity to work in one of the Business Operations areas, with project management being one of the key components.
Key elements of the programme
Our commitment is to provide you with an enriched experience during the programme and there are some key elements in common for all the graduates, regardless of the chosen track.
- Induction session. All graduates come together to learn, seizing the opportunity to form lasting relationships and creating an instant peer support network.
- Manager, sponsor, coach. A designated manager will be your sponsor and coach throughout the programme, designing your job rotation plan and supporting your professional development – with an additional business manager mentoring you.
- International assignment. You will spend a two-month period in a region other than your initial location. This will give you the opportunity to further enhance your skills in a different environment: widening your experience by working in a new country.
- Special projects. In your second year, you will have the chance to be involved in a special project with international exposure.
- Learning opportunities. You will have access to all our internal learning resources, including our online Learning Management System, as well as language courses in English, French and German.
- CFA. We offer full sponsorship for the Chartered Financial Analyst certificate.
We are currently accepting applications for the Allianz Global Investors Global Graduate Programme 2019.